Three Basic Acts of Self-Love
In my last post on self-love, I explained why it is important that we love ourselves, and how I found love for myself. In this post, I will be sharing three basic acts of self-love.
These three basic actions have helped me to strengthen my intention of loving myself:
1) Taking care of my overall health
- Physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. For me, this is as simple as getting enough sleep, drinking water, striving to eat healthily; meditating, doing yoga, dancing; journaling, taking time to collect my thoughts, praying; etc.
- Doing these things nourishes my mind, body, and spirit, leaving me with space to think and feel clearly.
2) Saying "no" when I need to
- This equates to being unapologetic in taking time for myself to recharge, as well as step away from people + situations that are not for me.
3) Being kind to myself
- This means seeing the good in myself, being confident, complimenting myself, being compassionate to myself, and loving the simple essence of who I am.
- I find that when I speak positive, encouraging things to myself I feel better and I accomplish more.