How I Stay In-tune with Myself
In this present-day world, it can be hard to maintain focus and balance in our lives. There are endless distractions coming from TV, the Internet, social media, friends, family, etc. That, coupled with not taking the time to be with ourselves, can lead to overwhelm, burnout, self-comparison, depression, you name it. As an empath, I've learned a few tricks on how to stay in-tune with myself, despite all of the chaos that may go on in the world around me.
Here's what I strive to do:
1) Stay off my phone
- I strive to not look at what others are doing on social media, because that can sometimes lead me to compare my life to theirs.
- I do my best to not overthink about the future, the past, or even the present moment. My goal is to be present for right here, right now. Doing this makes me feel freer and more light!
3) Stop dreaming and start living
- I aim to be realistic about my life, so that I can make decisions that truly align with me.
4) Be grateful
- I make sure I write down some things I'm grateful for at least 1-3 times a week. I find that doing this helps me to be more appreciative of the little things in my life, as well as the big things.
5) Encourage myself
- As someone who struggles with self-doubt, it's important that I build myself up. When I stop doubting myself, I accept the simple essence of who I am, allowing me to be in-tune with myself.