How to Have A More Organized Closet
|Photo by Priscilla Du Preez on Unsplash|
Are you looking to organize your closet? To make it easier to grab an outfit on a busy day? Or to just remove excess clutter? If so, then you are in the right place. I believe in having a neat, organized closet because it can help you to find what you are looking for more easily, as well as take away stress. Usually, when your space is cluttered, so is your mind. By taking the time to sift through what you have, and get rid of what you don't want or need, you can make your closet space more organized and efficient.
Here are 5 tips that can help you:
1) Figure out what you don't want or need + get rid of it
- If this is hard, ask yourself if you are really going to wear what you are holding to.
- You can take the items that you don't want and give them to Goodwill, sell them to a consignment/thrift shop, or sell them on online platforms such as Mercari, Poshmark, etc.
2) After you've removed the items you no longer want, take inventory of what you now have, and organize by category
- For example, place all tops together, all bottoms together, and all dresses together
3) Coordinate items by color, pattern, and style
- For example, place short-sleeve button-down shirts together, and arrange in order from one color/pattern to another
4) Have a set place for your shoes, such as a shoe rack or shoe organizer
- This helps tremendously because it takes away the element of shoe clutter on the floor
- A pro: shoe organizers are fairly inexpensive!
5) Utilize storage boxes/bins to store miscellaneous items
+ save space
- You don't have to go with a boring, plastic storage box. Spice up your space with a decorative storage box or bin. You can usually find some at Ross, TJ Maxx, and Marshall's for an affordable price.
- I've even seen affordably-priced storage ottomans which I love!
Thank you for reading! I hope this helped you if you were looking to organize your closet. Having a neat, uncluttered closet can do wonders for your mind, and help you on those busy days. Thank you for reading. What do you do to keep your closet organized? Let me know in the comments!